View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Bob View Post
Thanks guys. I am a reloader and currently building a bench. Progress is slow due to serious health problems. I'll probably be reloading by early spring at the latest.

I have a 223 CZ 527 project planned first for my new, used, Cz 527s. I'm fond of Hornady brass and find the best way to acquire it is loaded. I stocked up on Hor 223 55gr Sp, 50count to shoot while working on my reloading cave. The last box of Winchester Hornet 45gr SP was a disappointment so I'm considering options.

PRVI is a possible alternative or just waiting to reload later. Cabela's does show availability of Hor Custom 40gr Vmax but $30 for 20 count. One of the online ammo outfits show it stocked Hor 35gr Vmax, 25 count, once but been out of stock forever. Hornet is often hard to find and stupid expensive. Still I really like my little Handi Rifle Hornet.
If you are going to reload anyhow just buy Privi brass. It is cheap and the best Hornet brass short of Norma. Far superior to most na stuff. I have privi with more than 25 loads. I have never lost a case. It is far cheaper than buying loaded.