View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 04:03 PM
bubbasno1

Gunslinger,

If you think you will get on the Macintyre Ranch for 20 dollars a day even 1000 dollars you are losing your mind. Mr. Magoo stated that sure you will be able to get on to these properties but you will have to walk while the high paying customers will be driven to the game and oh yeah you can only hunt this quarter because I have cow's on the rest.

The biggest problem I see and I think has been overlooked by most people in the thread is why are the tags coming out of the resident quota. Why are these tags not out of the outfitter tags? Residents have to wait 5-8 years to get a tag in 108 for mule deer , yet a non-resident who does not pay taxes to sustain our wildlife can come up every year and shoot one. This seems backwards to me.

I have lived and hunted in 108 and 300 my entire life and would have loved to get on any of these properties but this is not the way.

I have no problem with compensating land owners for giving access as long as they maintain the land and offer "equal" hunting access to all. Pay for access tags already exist they are called outfitter tags. This new system is just a way to get more tags for outfitters and less for residents. It states that land owners can create a business unit together. I can see in the future outfitters going to numerous land owners in a zone and telling them to band together and I will pay you X amount of dollars to get exclusive access to your land. This will give them there current outfitter tags and up to 25% of the resident tags. In 108 this would increse there tags by approximately 31 a substantial profit for the outfitter and landowner. How many business owners would not want there total sales to go up by 25% per year.

The last question I have is for 209X50 and I will quote you directly

"I'm amazed at how many people have approached me. My first knowledge of the project was someone asking me for information.
I think one of the fundamental problems highlighted by this thread is terrible lack of understanding of the process.
You might want to find out who started this and why. A look at the starting position papers and the roles of the various participants might open a few eyes too."

Since you seem to know quite a bit about the process could you please enlighten me wether on this forum or in a PM. I would love to know who started this and why. I would also love to read the starting position papers and the various participants so I can make an informed decision or at least get information from them to make an informed decision.

Last edited by bubbasno1; 12-31-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: addition