Thread: Any rats yet??
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStyler View Post
Has anyone tried orange or other coloured flagging tape? I've seen a few youtube videos where guys just tie it to coni triggers, and it seems to work.
Sure would be easier to carry around than bags of carrots or apples.

Also, anyone else getting "bugs" on their rats. I've had a few that were covered in hundreds of what i think are ticks (or tick larvae). Havn't been bit by one yet (i don't think), but i didn't notice them for a while at first until they were everywhere. I skin in the garage, and dry the boarded rats in the basement where its not as humid. Wife wasn't impressed. haha. I Raided em in a bucket, and there were still some living. Then I raided them till they were dripping... and still a few survivors. Freezing them would probably do the trick. I didn't really want to freeze it while it was still soaking wet. But if I wait for the rat to be dry, the ticks are everywhere. For the guys that freeze em to skin later, is it ok to freeze them when they are still wet? I don't want a giant Rat-sickle to unthaw later.

I got these pics of them by reversing another lens infront of my lense. they are about the size of a grain of salt. these are dead ones. the live ones splay their legs out a little more, and can move fairly quickly. very hard to get an infocus shot at that magnification. but, I wasn't going for artwork... just as a reference. haha.

Graham.
Your no alone here had a few rats with these on them . geeez