View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And a person could be charged for up to ten years of holding licenses while not eligible. But given the 2010 date more than that isn't possible.
I do know a person that got charged for applying for NFLD moose for several years after he moved to Alberta, and he was charged for every year he applied. That cost him thousands of dollars.
The problem is she still hasn't qualified as a first time hunter in the province. Until she takes the course or legally hunts in another province/state she's in violation of the law. So when it says "has not prior to April 1, 2010, met Alberta first-time hunter criteria", it doesn't apply to her, as she never met the requirement.

Now whether she needed a fine or not could be open for debate, but she's pretty clearly in the wrong. Personally I would have gave her the ticket and told her if she went and took the course I'd void it.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill