Thread: Good 3wts?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 01:04 AM

Informative thread, answered a lot of questions. But still waiting for some reasoning on why Asian made blanks are so inferior when some of the highest quality products come from there. How is it that they built most of the appliances in your house but can't figure out how to bind some sheets of carbon together? I also don't understand the whole America made is better argument especially when they manufacture some of the lowest quality cars today.

Not trying to start a debate on who makes better products, just wanted to point out how baseless this argument is.

As pure and grounded as we believe fly fishing to be it's still a business with brand recognition on the forefront. Of course companies spend millions on research and development but they spend at least that amount advertising why their product is better than the next guys. Just because something costs more and more professionals are paid to endorse it doesn't mean it's what it's said to be.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against expensive rods for all I know they may very well be better rods. My problem stems from people preaching their opinions as though it is facts and not realizing that they may very well be wrong. Looks to me of a classic case of people trying to justify their purchases.