Thread: Good 3wts?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D7 View Post
Very nice setup, that's an awesome looking handle. You will love the feel of this rod, its super sensitive but very accurate with a lot of muscle.

There is nothing wrong with asian made blanks, it all comes down to quality. We north americans automatically assume that if something is not made in north america, its a piece of garbage. I had a choice of buying a sage one vs a pieroway x series. I chose the pieorway because the feel was right and I felt that it was more suited for our foothill streams. The sage one was an epic rod, but a little to fast for what I was looking for. Exactly as you stated a 3wt is used to target educated and spooky fish and in my opinion the pieroway x-series was the better choice.

I was very impressed on how accurate and straight the x-series casted when compared to a sage one . My friend and I traded rods for a bit on a drift one day, he owns and sage one and he was quite impressed on how well the the pieorway rod casted.

I wouldn't call pieorway a "bling" factor, it is more about being able to customize something that you enjoy to your own personality. It would be cool if all companies could do that. But in my opinion owning a 1000 rod is more of a "bling" factor.

The point is, there are many different products out there and eventually you will find one that will suit your needs, whether its a cheap or super expensive.

Your always gonna have the debate of "this is better than that", but really the best thing to do is go out and physically try things for yourself oppose to just reading comments on the internet.
Thanks for your input. Another reason I went with Pieroway was based on some personal convictions on how I would like to spend my money. I would prefer to support local businesses and craftsmen like Geoff. On this point the problem I have with American made is that we are Canadian. I am not a jingoist by any means but I would like to put money into the hands of people I know face to face that they will use to support their families.