View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=Lefty-Canuck;3759725]Do you hunt elk with your crossbow in the NW zones? that season opens up Sept 17 I believe. Do you hunt the bow zone Oct 25-Dec 7 with your crossbow? Right in time for both the white tail and the mule deer rut. Crossbows are valid throughout bear season. If you don’t seize the day...you have no one else to blame.

You may be happy to know there is a proposal to reduce the minimum draw weight to 35lbs. With the advanced technology and efficient designs of modern compounds they carry proper momentum to allow ethical use @ 35lbs.

Have you tried a mouth tab? Saw a guy this weekend use a mouth tab on a compound set at 40lbs with no sight and no peep shooting 3D targets effectively to 27 yards.

What a crock of BS .. and the options you present are worse than ridiculous. Why don't you hunt north at 35 lbs and a mouth tab and I'll hunt the Bow zone with my X-Bow at any draw weight I feel is appropriate. I don't need you guys telling me with what, when, where and how I can hunt.