View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Well this hunting forum does let threads happen all the time about the auto repair trade and the majority of it is negative.

I do understand how guys get frustrated with it. I have my frustration with it as well as I believe that there is a small amount of shops that give it a bad reputation. Small shops and dealerships have both taken advantage of over charging.

Your friends times seem really out there. From experience if you get the right jobs there is a chance to maybe double your time. Those jobs don't show up one after the other for extended periods. Lots of jobs I make an extra 5 or 10minutes. That over a day could be an extra couple of hours. I'm moving to do that, I don't take breaks except for lunch. Many days lunch is 30 minutes hoping to get the next job. I have to pay for my tools out of my wage as well, I'm sure there is over $40000 of them.
All valid points. I couldn't replace my tools for $40g, and I am not a mechanic. I understand the cost, also that they are a required expense that gets written off.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....