View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 12:50 PM

I have nothing against pit bulls and I do agree that it is the owner to a certain extent. But if that same "bad" owner owns another breed of dog. Their dog is less likely to injure someone or something...why?.....because its not a pit bull!!

Drunk driving is the sole responsibility of the driver...no question. But there is a difference between a drunk guy walking over to his car vs that same drunk guy walking over to his pedal bike.

I also don't understand why someone would want to own a pit bull?

This past summer at Pets in the Park at Hawrelak. A guy had a pit bull, beautiful dog. He wasn't muzzled, under control, no reason to be alarmed. Obviously a well trained dog and a "good" owner.

As he and his dog walked through the crowd of hundreds of people with hundreds of dogs he carved out an instant path. Everyone split, letting him walk through. It was blatantly obvious that most people were intimated by the dog and as a result, the owner. Is this the only logical reason someone would want to own a pit bill? To intimidate, show off, intentionally cause stress to others?...I don't know.