View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 AM

Default LFGA range

This is what came from LFGA.

[/B][/B]LFGA – Range is Closed / Important Meeting February 23rd.

Folks,

Thank you for all of your very strong support for the range and our organization. You are invited to a meeting to discuss the closure of the range by city council.
Last night, I was invited to a meeting at City Hall and at that meeting city administration folks indicated that they would be closing the range again. Today, I got the email from Ashley Matthews confirming their position. Ashley has been very supportive in the past and we were working with him and the City to begin the process of finding a new location for the range. Please see his message below.
I have scheduled a meeting for all members and interested people at the Fish and Game Hut for 7PM next Thursday February 23rd. Please spread the word and do your best to attend.

Lethbridge has historically supported the rights of gun owners and the shooting sports. Your voices will be very important once again… but no matter when you choose to express your views (prior to / or after our February 23 meeting), please be polite and professional…

You may wish to talk to all of the aldermen and the mayor to express your feelings once again about the council’s decision to close the range and to determine their positions. Be patient, you may have to do this numerous times over the next few weeks and we hope you can join the “public debate” when it is announced.
The following website will provide you with their contact information:

http://www.lethbridge.ca/City-Govern...s/default.aspx

Sincerely,

Allan

_________________________Top of Ashley’s Message ________________

Date: Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Subject: FW: Fish and Game Association Shooting Range

Dear Allan,

As we discussed this is to confirm the City is exercising its right to request immediate closure of the shooting range until further notice. This closure is due to new information provided to the City regarding stray bullets. A report will be provided to City Council for public debate on a date yet to be determined, and Council will then provide further direction on this matter.

The decision to close the shooting range is about the responsibility the City of Lethbridge has to ensure public safety. If further clarification is required please contact me at your convenience.

Thanks, Ashley
Mr. Ashley Matthews
General Manager, Recreation and Culture

_________________________Bottom of Message