View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebwest1987 View Post
Hi my wife is a senior interior designer at a place here in edmonton. She swears by quartz or corian over granite as granite can crack, needs attention and maintainence and can become a breeding ground for bacteria. It needs to be sealed every 6 or so months , it's a hassle to enure it is doing "we'll"
It is also a natural product and can not be duplicated and it will look different on each countertop. Quartz is man made can be duplicated easily and does not need to be oiled, sealed etc.
Generally we push for quartz countertops for our clients
Sorry this information is not entirely accurate. I build executive homes and have ever had a granite counter top crack, is not a breeding ground for bacteria and as far as I am concerned granite is definitly the best value of the three. I personally hate corian and quartz is nice but not a good investment for what your needs are. For resale I would do a nice laminate if the homeowners are that picky they will probably change it out anyway and would feel better about tearing out laminate. I would just tell the agent to provide a credit for counter tops and you can install before possesion if they prefer.