View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by madball View Post
Outside of some military firearms, we haven't sold "military surplus" type clothing and gear for 10 years now.
That's good to know.

For me it's not going to be reason enough to spend valuable time and fuel checking out your store.

When I go to the city I'm looking for one of two things. Better prices or merchandise I can't buy around home.

Nothing against your store but I don't see where you offer either. Hard to tell though with only a limited amount of information offered by your web site to go on.

I believe in supporting local businesses but to me you're not local.
To interest me you'd have to offer more then a local store could.

Better prices, better selection, better service. And not just one thing better. The local stores treat me pretty good and their prices are fair for the location. They can bring in anything I ask for, for an added fee.

When I go to the city I'm on a mission, I'm not window shopping.
I do my window shopping online and without pictures to look at, the internet is no more then just another printed list.

I gotta say, $900.00 for a military surplus Mauser sends the wrong signal to a guy like me. It may be well worth it to someone but I'm not that someone.

Not saying you are wrong, I am saying those prices won't get me through your door.
Maybe if there were a photo with that rifle I could see why it might be worth that much. With only a very brief description to go on I can only assume it probably isn't anything special and the same is probably true of the rest of your stock.

Again, I'm not telling you you should do anything differently or that I have a complaint.
I'm telling you how I think so should you want me to stop and have a look, these are the things that would convince me.

George Bernard Shaw