View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
As long as I am using the same cases and dues I don't worry about as long as I have about .0002 or so neck tension
On my Palma Match rifles I pay more attention to the bullet ogive than to nevk tension . I use different seater plugs for a Lapua Scenar than I do for a Match , Hornady , or a Berger because their profiles are very different and the difference is noticeable when doing final testing in load development off the bench at 500 meters .

On my hunting rifles I do not worry about it at all because it doesn't matter near as much when shooting an animal as paying attention to the condition .
Cat
I am not necessarily talking about fine tuning the neck tension to .0005", more like at least verifying that you do have adequate neck tension. Some people just run cases through their dies, and don't take any measurements at all, they just assume that the die will produce adequate neck tension with their cases. I have seen combinations of die/case that allowed the bullet to move during recoil, or even when chambering a round, but instead of addressing the real problem, the shooter added a crimp, and ignored the real issue.