View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Banned

I did the 3 vessel system with all grain and boiled on my stove.Then I splurged on a Grainfather system.I wish it had been on the market when I got into brewing.It is so SWEET and so simple to use plus cleaning is a snap.

As for fermenting I gave up on glass carboys when I nearly dropped one.I got to thinking about the potential nasty mess and I opted to ferment in corny kegs.Run the cooled wort from the counter flow chiller directly into a sanitized keg and then pour in the yeast that has been spinning all day on the stir plate.Snap on the keg lid and shake the hell out of it then put on a gas line running to a bucket of star san for the blow off/fermentation.Once fermentation is done I cold crash the keg for a day and all the junk settles on the dished bottom.Hook up CO2 and force transfer to a serving keg and force carbonate.

Cleaning is super easy.Just boil a kettle of water and pour that onto a scoop of dishwasher detergent and put on the lid and give it a good shake and then let it sit upside down for 10 minutes.Give it a good shake again and pour out the gunk.Repeat and then repeat twice more to rinse with no detergent.Do another with star san and leave it in there until ready to ferment again.

FTH