View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Honesty is kinda my thing, like it or not you're going to hear how it is whether you like it or not.
Everything in the world today is for sale. The government allows these sales to happen because it has no choice. I agree that all Traplines should be used and not just so people can have a cabin, no doubt some are being used like this and that's wrong but very hard to prevent. If the government tried to limit the sale price people will just find a way around it. (EI. Sell the Trapline for $2500 then sell you my hat for $100,000) People will pay whatever they feel the line is worth and people will sell for the highest dollar amount they can.
When I left home at 18 and moved halfway across the country my father told me I could have anything I wanted in life, I just had to work for it. He said I could do as much or as little as I wanted but he never wanted to hear me complain about what somebody else has. He gave me $300 that day and I said goodbye. That was the last dollar I was ever given, every other penny I received I worked for, and I've worked Facken hard for it.
I donate time, money and I'm the first one to help out anybody that needs it. Every year I take kids out hunting or trapping and expose them to a world they wouldn't otherwise get to experience. So you can take your "could care less about the less fortunate" and shove it.
If you spent less time bitching and whining about what other people have and more time working towards what you want you would be way further ahead.
You and others missed my entire point. Trapping is a recreational pursuit and should be available to everyone not just a select few who take advantage of an unfair situation. It's no different than hunting and fishing. Obviously you are quite impressed with yourself and thats fine with me, but you are not a good judge of character if you think I'm just "bitching and whining". I am commenting on what I believe which is fairness and the right for everyone to trap crown land which they own just as much as you do. And for the fourth time I do not want a trapline!! Period!! Instead of stroking yourself please respond to my comments, I'd like to hear an honest rebuttal.
I would be interested in hearing from others on registered lines who net 10 K a year. If it's not too personal just a brief overview of type and number of animals plus price and rough costs. Years ago we made money on coyotes and lynx for a time but over the long haul it was at best a moderate supplement. This was on both private property and registered lines.