View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
This happened to me with 5 days to go before we are to leave for our annual spot in a Parkbridge run campground deep in the Okanagan. They say they mirror BC Parks operations and recommendations fyi. Fun telling your two kids who've been going there half their lives this little story. I was behind a couple bc plates yesterday, no big thing, welcome neighbor.

Nothing like scrambling to find a place for me and the kids on about 4.5 days notice. Hows that for feeling welcome in your own country on Canada Day? First day of reservation would be Canada Day btw. A month ago i called and reservation still stood.

I've removed the actual campground name and person's details from the below but otherwise it is a cut and past from my email inbox.

"First, I want to thank you for you and your family’s incredible patience during this very uncommon time. There has been challenges on us all, as we have navigated our way through the first half of 2020.

After the announcement Thursday by the provincial governments of Alberta and BC, and the strong message to remain with in the province of which you reside. Parkbridge will be following the BC Parks lead and will only be accepting recreational Guests from the home province of their properties for the first part of July.

This very difficult decision has affected your 2020 reservation.

As you know, I have had the pleasure of welcoming most of you to beautiful _____________ for the past 5 years and it saddens me to not greet and host you this season.

Going forward, we offer the following:

Cancel your reservation for this year with a complete refund with no cancellation fee; or
Defer your reservation and deposit to 2021 with no penalties. This would be a onetime offer to defer.
If you are opting for the rebooking offer, emails are highly recommended, as our phones are very busy. We will forward a confirmation for your 2021 stay.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this will cause you and your family.

Yours truly,"
maybe try this place Ive stayed there many times, kids and no kids and love it., just outside Kaslo and a private lake full of bass, dont even need a license. and I will be going back again. http://www.mirrorlakecampground.com/

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich