View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan15 View Post
Why would Pierre reveal his plans before an election is called? This would be tipping his hand. The election is over a year and a half away, best not to give out your ideas, or your opponents a chance to dissect your arguments in advance. People need to understand this. His platform will (hopefully as in the past) reveal everything. He would only hurt his chances by putting details out. He still has a lot of time to consult, listen, and finalize, and I would expect his team to be working on that. A year and a half is a very long time from now. What bothers us today, may not be relevant at election time. We all need to cool our jets on saying he's useless and worrying. Would you show your poker hand before you need to?
If Pierre has a plan, why wouldn't he release it is the question... Are these politicians not accountable to we the people, your children and their children's future ?

I disagree he would hurt his chances, if his ideas are our salvation, he will be rewarded for these. The carbon tax has been around since 2007 / 8, there better be a plan, what are the Conservatives waiting for ?

This is politics, not a poker game. Hope you realize the voters he needs to attract don't follow politics, they simply vote on feeling... So waiting to show your cards is foolish, if there is a plan let it out and lets discuss the future and attract voters to solidify a majority government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Carbon tax on gasoline is around 14ish cents and going to over 17 cents.
23% increase sounds about right to me. Don't have a calculator handy

Same increase every year for another 6 years yet. Ouch
So, what sounds better, April 1st gasoline will rise .03 or 23% increase ? Fear tactics are just that, I don't feel manipulating numbers is good business, but that's just my take on things.