View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell78 View Post
I am shooting my 160gr ppsn woodleighs at 2650 fps from my swede using H4831sc. (sako 85 action with a rks 25"bbl, Mcmillian stock). Combine the .509 bc and the 328 sd and you get one heck of a combo.

"That cartridge design plays second fiddle to a good barrel chambered by a good gunsmith when shot by a good shooter who makes good handloads. "

This couldn't be said any better
Love your choice! Pinnacle over achiever stuff right there.

Hornady lists the 147 gr eldm factory ammo for 6.5 creedmoor at 2695 fps out of a 24" barrel with a b.c. of .697 and s.d. Of .301...

To me that is absolutely the 'go to' for the creedmoor and factory choices, and truly amazing we can grab that off the shelf now!!! The 143 gr looks good too as does the 140 eldm but I think that 147 is the sleeper hunting round! It isn't marketed as a hunting round and by all accounts they are amax equivalents so at the slower speeds of the cm should perform like an eldx at a couple hundred fps faster.

Very few bullets get over .3 in s.d.! And look at that b.c.....that's going to a major over achiever in both the creed and prc. I'd be choosing it over the eldx every time but I like more frangible but with how long and skinny these things are there will be deep penetration regardless.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 06-02-2018 at 04:38 PM.