View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Grounds Coffee View Post
Im leaning towards dodge or chevy and maybe ford. Not a fan of GMC or toyota...

Basically need something bigger than a car to fit all my tools in and something better for driving onto job sites as well as winter driving. Not gonna be doing really any towing.
Funny you say that, as gmc has been in bed with Toyota for many years now, however Chevy is owned by gmc, and virtually the same truck. Do yourself a big favor and access a subscription to Consumer Reports, this is a wealth of information, by unbiased purchasers. Cost is 36$ but can also be accessed from your local library. All manufacturers have positive, and negative qualities, for example, your Chevy has a solid bulletproof 5.3 l engine, however their rear end is known to slop out. The ford Eco boost has tons of power, however people have complained about the drive shaft! The story goes on with all manufacturers from Toyota to dodge. Remember also that ALL domestic vehicles have increased in quality since Dodge and Gmc almost crashed in 2008, this is to compete with the foreign markets, as they were, and probably still are dominating the market. I found that the consumer reports really helped with my ford purchase, however they all make a pretty good product!!! Good luck!!