View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Your story does not make sense. The mobile home is a chattel, you do not own the property it is located on. There is no City tax roll for a mobile home on rented property. Even if you show up somewhere in the City records it is irrelevant to your situation. You can move the trailer to your own property, sell it to someone as long as it is free and clear, or keep it and rent it out if you can agree with the property owner on pad rent etc. The City has nothing to do with this. The only thing you likely show up on is the water, sewer and any other city owned utilities. You do not need a bill of sale to change who is responsible for the utility bills.
Here in Red Deer, there is a Tax roll on mobile homes. This is a mobile home, not a camping trailer.

I live in one and my taxes are around 200 bucks a year.

I know, it's pretty silly. Here is what the city said so far..

"Yes, the bill of sale must be from both executors (your Uncle and yourself) to you if that is the intent. The dollar value can be for $0. The bill of sale is a legal document showing the change of ownership from the executorship to the new owner.

Thank you,

Trista Mowat, CCP | Tax Collection Coordinator
Revenue & Assessment Services
The City of Red Deer

T: 403.356.8941 | F: 403.342.8199

Sent: January 29, 2019 4:08 PM
To: TaxMailbox
Subject: Re: My parent's mobile home.

Sorry to bother you again, so what you are saying is my Uncle and I have to provide a Bill of Sale for the trailer in my name, even though I inherited it. And if this is so, what total would I put in? It's just confusing that I have to give myself a bill of Sale, even though no money will pass hands. The will shows that I have clearly been given the trailer. So how do my Uncle and I proceed?

What is normally done when a person goes down there to register a trailer under their name when they inherit it?

So it looks like I will have to do it this way...sheesh...