View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 04:49 PM

Unhappy I inherited this mobile home...

Gahhhh the red tape!

I am going on a back and forth with Red Deer City Hall about my parents mobile home. It is just an old one, worth about $20,000 and no land involved so no probate.

My uncle and I are co-executors of Dad's will. I inherited the place, but city hall is making it kinda difficult saying that my Uncle and I are named on the tax roll now as co-executors, and when we sell the place to give them a bill of sale so they can update the new ownership.

I told them that on page two of Dad's will that the place was given to me, do I now have to write myself a bill of sale to get it under my name and to complete my duties as executor? Geez my Uncle is now 79 years old and lives in BC! What do I put down as an amount?? Do I make myself a bill of sale with Uncle's name as well as my own on it and take to Service Alberta??

Any help would be appreciated Guys!!! I have been dealing with this for too long as it is, both parents passed away within a year of each other. I just want it all to be over, sell the place, divide among my brothers, and move on. I don't want to have to contact Uncle and send papers out to BC back and forth. He is not computer literate and email confounds him, he cannot even use a scanner for the ID he has to keep giving them copies of.

The wills were made in 1996 and my parents named two executors since at the time I lived in Vancouver but my Uncle lived close by to my parents. Fast forward to now, and I am the one living here and my Uncle lives in BC.