View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I'm not sure what the normal amount of kilometers one can get out of a tank with these machines is. I've been told that the 550f is hard on gas, not sure if my fuel consumption is normal or not. On a packed trail, regular trapping type pace, I can get 100- 120 km to a tank. Not sure if that is normal for this sled or not.
That is not far off of normal for a 550 but is a little low, if you are using all of the 8.5 gal Imperial tank. Should be in the 150-180 range, assuming you weren't pulling anything, if you were pulling your mileage is fine. They are known to be hard on fuel, but there are things you can check to improve gas mileage. Check you plugs and insure they are a nice light brown/tan after a half trip down the line. If they are your jetting is fine. you do NOT want to run one of these to lean but if the tips are wet or dark brown to black it needs to be leaned out. Also make sure your clutch is going all the way to top gear when you are running 50 K/H (check the rpm spec for 50 k/h, if you are running higher rpm your clutch isn't set right) and above as that could have a negative effect on gas, as could the track being too tight.