View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
And yet.. Those 2200 officers still were not able to curtail the crime we had. Hell, Just like your community, they could care less, as there were more serious crimes they were handling.

It was our community members that decided enough was enough. In fact, You can't go down any street/alley/pathway in our neighborhood without at least one camera catching you, not to mention the step up in security systems. Between the vehicle thefts/b&E's/etc, it was rare for a night to go by without something happening. A couple well placed GPS trackers led to some high speed chases, and guess what? Crime is now down in our neighborhood. Word got out, that the easy pickens were not more..

Yet, the police have not increased patrols.
I know, how about we cut funding to the City of Calgary and use that money on rural departments. We'll take Calgary down to 350 officers, while the rest of the Province gets staffed more appropriately. See how quick you want your POC Peace Officers then.

Edit: I'll add if you feel it is a better solution to cut funding to the major centers to more adequately fund rural departments I'd be fine with not having POC police.