View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Salmo

Default Winged1 are you for real?

Winged1,

Do you truely feel that this registration system will have a beneficial inpact on the Canadian Society?
You state that when the guns that are in non-compliance get discovered by the police, they are gone.? So by your logic in a couple of months there should be no more illegal guns in this country? Are you kidding me? There is nothing being done to curve the smuggling of guns into our country and there is nothing being done to stop the illegal sale of guns in this country. I am constantly dissapointed by the people in this country who still think that the registration can increase public saftety.
The cost of the system has been in the name of "increasing public safety" yet it has been proven all over the world that it does nothing to lower violent crime. So what is the point of the system? There is obviously another motive. Eventual confiscation of certain guns? I think that is not an extreme thought. Just look at Britain.

So to finish my lengthy reply, I ask a couple questions.
1. Why do people like you think, that, because they are going to dump a billion dollars into a system it must have some worth (where is the reasoning there?).
2. Why do people like you insist on spewing out false unproven facts that are purly a regergetation of the liberal propaganda that has missinformed a lot of Canadians. Please talk to some people in law enforcement.