View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
In both Edmonton and Calgary, NDP leaning or card carrying NDP are the City Counsellors or Mayor
Drewski
Initially I was not supportive of declared parties or slates of candidates declaring the same intention -- I have switched over and support a change to allow this to occur.

We had the NDP - MLA in our area openly campaigning for a candidate in our ward. We had the NDP trying to get candidates to not run against each other.

Now we have a block of councillors that vote with Sohi -- "Data shows six councillors form dominant Edmonton City Council voting block Mayor Amarjeet Sohi, along with Couns. Keren Tang, Andrew Knack, Aaron Paquette, Jo-Anne Wright, and Ashley Salvador all voted the same way more than three-quarters of the time and were each on the winning side of those votes more than 84 per cent of the time."

At no time in the last election was it known that this group was forming a voting block.

Our councillor is in this block and she is less than responsive to people in the ward on concerns. I know this from discussions with multiple people who have tried to reach her.

It was the same with Iveson. He had his core team and you either were on it and supported him. If not you were on the outside.

So lets just put all the charade away and have the blocks out in the open for people to be more aware of. Get blocks of candidates that are focused on municipal issues.