View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 11:09 PM

Most of my courses started all return calculations after 1945, ignoring the 1929 crash and WWII treating them as anomalies. However one of the first investment related books I’d read as a teenager was Galbraith’s The Great Crash. Everyone should read it.

Rodriguez has been written up a few times in recent articles. I’d recommend everyone carefully read each one. Try a news search using: Rodriguez FPA

Quote:
Bob Rodriguez – We are Witnessing the Development of a “Perfect Storm” - Articles - Advisor Perspectives

“ I will give the same advice that I got when I was a very young professional back in 1973. I was two years into the field and a gentleman spoke before my investment class. After everybody had walked out, I walked up to Mr. Munger and I asked him, “Sir, if I could only do one thing that would make myself a better investment professional, what would you recommend?” He responded, “Read history, read history, read history.” I have done that over the years. Had you read about the banking crisis of 1907 and what preceded it in the 1890s, you would have recognized it in a form in 2007.”

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/...-perfect-storm