View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun View Post
I was one of those that attending the Parkland meeting. Those numbers may be close if you're guessing.

It is part of the Bowzone and we didn't like to see more shotgun/muzzleloader season.

The local biologist said at the time that there were 1.5 deer per square mile in the area. Those numbers didn't require a increase in harvest.

What I don't understand is all the hostility from people over us having 3 bow only WMU's in the province out of how many? Seriously?! If you want to hunt there learn how to shoot a bow and knock on some doors.

Just be patient tho as you will probably see Crossbows included into the bow season before long. Manufacturers will not quit selling them.

Pope and Young has caved in on more than one technical advancement over the years. Part of the reason I no longer support them after 30+ years as member and measurer. And yes I support other organizations besides ABA.
My personal concern is that I live in the Bowzone, own property here and have access to a lot more. It is my backyard yet I have some ABA guys suggesting that I travel a bit and take "advantage " of all the opportunities that I have at my disposal to use my X-Bow.
I really care less about P&Y, but I have been an active member of Conservation groups for decades and currently support others.

When a particular Lobby group, namely ABA, in the name of selfishness, takes valued hunting opportunities away from me , I am PO'd... even to the point of appearing hostile, especially since I have hunted this area long before it became a "Bow Zone". So now you confirm that ABA didn't feel they wanted an additional shotgun /ML season as you (ABA) thought the Deer numbers didn't warrant one. I call BS about the Deer numbers. They were becoming a major Road Hazard at that time and that was the gist of the Parkland public meeting. It was all about the protectionist position that ABA has about Parkland Bow zone in particular. As to my estimate of the numbers at that particular Parkland meeting, I'm glad you concur. Thank You. It was stacked by ABA.
I'm not speaking only about myself here. There are quite a few other Parkland residents that feel exactly the same way.

Last edited by Salavee; 03-28-2018 at 06:44 PM.