View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Jeepers join the ABA, sit there and voice an opinion say about the crossbows being a bow and should be treated as archery equipment sharing the exact same rules/regs that say a traditional bow has....won't be too liked in that crowd.
Like minded people migrate to like minded people, form a group and move towards thier agenda's...I'll spend my cash elsewhere. Never use a crossbow, that's too bad you might be missing out on something you really might enjoy.
Variety is the spice of life, change is a good thing, adaptation and evolve but when you close hallway doors the room gets narrow, dark, dingy and stagnant.
Now you are getting absurd.

You know how many ABA members have crossbows? Lots. I hunt with one of these members. Even some of the executive own them. Many of those folks also feel they don’t belong in the archery season, but they use them during bear season and/or general seasons. But don’t let that information get in the way of a good ABA bash fest.

Using a crossbow or not is a choice and there is ample opportunity now to do so. There are many who could hunt the elk rut with a crossbow, or even hunt the “Bowzone” with a crossbow at certain times...but CHOOSE not too. Citing “travel” as one of the main drawbacks...I can’t hunt antelope in my backyard because of where I live but it doesn’t stop me from travelling to where the opportunity exists. Some would rather complain and take their ball and go home than work within the current regs to use their coveted tool when possible...again that’s their choice.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 03-28-2018 at 08:44 AM.