View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
There is one well known gunsmith in this province that has made that claim. However, a bit of quick math makes his claimed assignment a stretch if not completely impossible.
I have heard people making accusations of someone allegedly making that claim but I have never heard the claim made, seen the claim in writing or screen capture or any other evidence to that effect. As one accuser is a disgruntled former employee that lends me to cast some doubt on that claim. Without proof I'd call it hearsay, a rumor repeated by third parties who heard that so-and-so's best friends third cousins step-uncle heard the person make the claim. I don't have a dog in the race but when I see people spreading such rumors I cast equal or greater doubt upon them as I do on whomever they're targeting. Sure, people can have a beef with someone if they had a bad interaction with them, but don't go slandering them on unrelated grounds unless it can be backed up or unless they've personally witnessed their claim.

Considering how much misinterpretation ones sees by the masses online, I tend to be cynical. On that rumor I challenge people to either lay out their evidence or forever hold their peace.