View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
There you go again...trying to extrapolate incorrectly to prove your point. Firstly...you don't provide any data to show that any other provinces have the same problem as us...few lakes and high fishing pressure. Also of course showing the actual limit to limit comparison between provinces and like water bodies with like fishing pressure. Simple to do.

Secondly...you are probably even stretching this to non stocked rainbow trout lakes... So in your data...please remove everything excepted stocked rainbows to make the comparison simple.

Thirdly...how many generations and decades would be required for dads and grandpas to teach their kids...the next generation to only put back the big ones and keep only the tiny ones even if all they caught that day was big ones?

Fourthly...your idea to fix a fishing problems is so simple... just change the way society thinks and acts... Let's get started Dave...I will change southern Alberta...you change northern Alberta...by tomorrow noon...we should be done and you and I can exchange notes and share a rare scotch.

Fifth...let's force everyone to join a local fishing club...not increasing taxes however...we can all pay the yearly dues on top of our licence fees. Then we can all get lectured to. Upon writing a multiple choice test, verbal test and an essay question...we can wait until our mark comes in. If we pass the conservation test...then we get our licence and can go fishing.

The important thing is your idea is so simple...it beats the hell out of making a lower limit and adjusting the minimum size as required to meet the general fishing requirements for individual lakes.

So simple Dave...I wish you started this thread out with your post. We could of stopped after three.

Yeah, you're right. It's probably too hard to educate and change angler's attitudes so let's not do it. I know!!! Instead, let's make it easier to catch and keep big fish and really pound home the idea of keeping only bigger fish!