View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM

A few ideas...

The government should give every angler who purchases a license a fair survey that does not have any particular agenda, asking what it is the anglers of Alberta want. I know that is no easy feat because I am taking a course on research and analysis right now and it would have to be done by qualified people. If "Joe Alberta " wants to keep it the way it is I could live with that. I would love to vote for my two children but I don't see how that would work. Uh yaa I have 9 kids... Seniors can go by a license outlet and fill theirs out.

Poachers? I said it a long time ago in another thread. I would fully support 1/3 of the 301 lakes going to some kind of delayed harvest/lower keep limit. Of the 35 bodies of water I would consider driving to and fishing for a day from Sherwood Park make 12 of them delayed harvest. Yes there will be poaching it will be spread over more bodies of water and have less of an impact. I may be naive but I believe most people would follow the new laws and once anglers see the benefits mentality about poaching will change.

I am working on a letter.