Thread: Peppers Lake
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:46 PM

Makes no sense whatsoever. If the Brookies tasted awful, so will the Rainbows. I agree that there are not enough good Brookie lakes around. This happened to be one of them. Not to mention both rainbows and Brookies stocked by the province are triploids and sterile. How is it they are concerned with hybridization or threatening native/wild species? Seems like BS to me.

Further to that. Peppers creek (correct me if I’m wrong) runs directly into the Clearwater and is LOADED with Brookies. So is Elk...These are not triploids, NOT sterile and would be the primary source of any naturally occurring hybridization. What’s the play there if they are so “concerned?” 🙄
So ridiculous.

Why this province has such a hate on for Brookies is beyond me. Especially on a contained lake stocked with sterile fish. Muskiki is another prime example of this insanity. This arguably WAS the best brookie lake in the province at one point. Stocked rainbow lakes are a dime a dozen. Brookies add variety and an alternate opportunity for anglers which should be embraced, not dismantled.

Last edited by Wazzy; 06-21-2018 at 12:58 PM.