Thread: Peppers Lake
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:10 AM

Unhappy

Well I received some feed back on Peppers lake, see below. I did not realize this was connected to the Clearwater river as i have paddled the whole lake and didn't see an in or out flow on this lake. I guess I missed these.

Thank you for visiting the Alberta Government feedback web site. Following is the response to your question prepared by Environment and Parks :

Thank you for taking the time to write to Alberta Connect. The following is a response to your inquiry.

AEP and our stakeholders are working to recover bull trout, a native fish in Alberta that has experienced severe declines in abundance and distribution. Competition and hybridization with brook trout is a significant threat to the recovery and long-term survival of this species. Peppers Lake is connected to waters containing bull trout, and continuing to stock brook trout poses a continuing risk to the bull trout within the Clearwater River watershed. We know Peppers Lake is an important recreational fishery enjoyed by many fisherman, and so AEP is committed to stocking other trout species, such as rainbow trout and cutthroat trout, that pose far less risk to native fish in the area.

I hope this information will be helpful.