View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyDistracting View Post
I stand corrected. I actually recently read an article about it. Been trying to find a link. It talks about how most scopes, unless they are high end your poa will change somewhat when changing magnification. Obviously it was an opinion. But he gave strong arguements why most will change. It was durastic and sometimes very minimal. But the authors opinion was that it will change in almost all except high end glass. I dont remember it mentioning different reticles. He basically had me convinced most scopes will change unless they are in the first focal plane. My bad....
Not a bad, as it can get quite confusing. Sometimes even the point of aim will appear different . For all intents and purposes a SFP 'scope will induce some POI shift. It can be checked on any 'scope if you have a Collimator. The only way to avoid it completely seems to be FFP.
I always zero my SFP's at the max magnification .. where you really need the enhanced accuracy at longer ranges.