View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 04:52 PM

I hunt on the property I live on and have a couple cell cams - for security and for hunting. I also have a couple of regular cams for hunting.

Last fall my cell camera at one of my tree stands was kind enough to let me know about this scab who was hunting and trespassing about 30mins before I was planning to walk into the bush for an evening hunt.

Thankfully I seen the photo instantly, went on a bit of a “mission” and ended up having a conversation with this person about an hour or so later. (Face not shown because I was able to get my point across with this guy...)

I also watched a couple of really nice bucks from the comfort of my living room all throughout hunting season. And guess what... they never showed up when I was out there and I harvested 0.0 deer last fall. For my situation cell vs no-cell doesn’t change anything for me because other than it’s a novelty item and is no advantage to me with respect to hunting harvests.

We have so many other tech advantages with gear that make “fair chase” an impossible thing to define and it’s completely subjective in many cases. I can kill a trophy from a mile away with a high powered scope but I can’t get a picture of it on my cell phone - seems this might be a ridiculous argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk