View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
You can only discharge restricted firearms where you are allowed by law to do so..... that pretty much means a CFO vetted and certified range.
I'm surprised this wasn't covered in your CFSC(R) course.
Please provide the CC section that says it's illegal.
I'm betting you can't because no such law exists to my knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Nope. Your permit to transfer likely reads to approved range and back by the most direct route. That's all you can legally do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly,and this is the argument that is being made by said lawyer.
Your ATT authorizes you to transport your restricted firearm,usually from your home address....and this is the important part.
If you live on rural property,the entire property may well be(but not always)identified as a numbered address,essentially,the entire property shares the same address as your actual house...ie, 123 Range Rd 52 etc etc.
If you can legally discharge a non-restricted rifle on your home property,ie;hunting,pest control,target practice etc....there is actually no law and no reason why you theoretically cannot discharge a restricted firearm there as well.
You haven't violated any conditions of your ATT.....technically,you are still at home and have not actually transported the restricted firearm anywhere.
Please cite what LAW has been broken if you disagree?

Note,I am not a lawyer,nor do I play one on TV.....test and challenge at your own risk and peril.