View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Having been ripped-off before...the first thing I ask for are photos of the item in question, and included IN the photos is a piece of paper with today's date, and YOUR name clearly written on them. If "sellers" have even a shred of hesitation to do that, it's a "hard no" for me.

On the other big Canadian gun site..I usually trust a seller's trader rating if there are more than about 20-30 transactions, and feedback is perfect. Even then, I listen to the "tone" of the messages. If they're willing to provide as many photos/details as I ask for=all good. If they get *****ly about it, I take that as a bit of a red flag.

Lastly, there is one province in Canada that seems to have more than it's share of scams...so I'm reluctant to deal with sellers there. Personal preference.
I heard that scammers are getting better at photoshop so taking a video is a good security measure.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard