Thread: Sterling Traps
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 10:14 PM
Banned

Got about a dozen now , then ordered with him and he called last spring saying they were ready but I had to cancel out no money at the time , sure wish I had them now!. I do have a dozen Sterling 800,s I used for Beaver and found them very nice , very little to no damage using submersion sets , But the offset might be a reason toe catches don,t happen , Then I ordered the TS 85 and found them to be a killer on deep hind foot catches , I four coiled them all cause I felt they were too easy to set . But at this time I am using the MB 750 exclusively and find them to be real productive , I use two traps at each set , it helps in the times they can miss the single trap . Nothing ever gets out of those !
One disadvantage with these is the setting of the pan just right as there is very little room to maneuver the pan . The night latch is another great point .
I set all my Beaver traps at 4 lbs , that is the weight of a ! liter coke bottle. Then non targets don,t get in trouble . I don,t believe I have ever caught another rat since I set them at 4 lbs !