View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 09:24 PM

I did in 2012, although it was in Montana. She wanted out and I decided to take the high road. As much as it sucked in the end I am WAY better off. She burnt bridges left and right trying to screw me over and taking the high road left me smelling like roses! Yes we didn't have much to our name or kids which I believe is what made it way easier. In the end it cost about 300$ for the court paperwork which she paid for. I would just make sure you make itemized lists of who gets what and if you have any retirement or savings accounts again who gets what so they can't come back at a later time and try to claim it. Sure helped that one of the court clerks was a friend who just went through a divorce right before I did and was able to help me. Without knowing the parties involved I will always recommend protecting yourself. If that includes lawyering up then do it. Small price to pay up front then to get blindsided if you have an evil soon to be ex.... If its a mutual thing trust your gut but definitely make itemized lists of who gets what etc..