View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I chose not to contest my divorce. I believe I did the right thing, for the kids sake. But for me it meant years of misery.

It turned out that without a court settlement, I had no recourse when CPS took every last dime I was earning and left me and my son destitute one Christmas.

They also took my only means of making a living and then demanded payment if full even though I was unemployed, couldn't be employed thanks to them and was only $200 and two weeks behind.
If not for generous relatives I would have been sent to jail, not because I refused to pay but because I had no means of earning a living for me and my son, much less making payments for a child had not contact with, and not by my choice.

Yes, I took one and she took one, but I was the only one that had to pay child maintenance, because I had not contested the divorce.

The bottom line, I still believe that when children are involved a no contest divorce is the only reasonable option if at all possible. But it'll cost you big time.

Whatever your friend does, go to court, plead no contest if he wishes and he should be okay.
But never never never agree on anything outside of court. CPS will bleed him to death if there are kids involved.

Even if there are no kids involved, never underestimate the power of radial feminism in government.
Protect yourself, get a real judges signature on your divorce papers.

Without it, the radical feminists will believe everything your X says and back her every move while labeling everything you say, a lie and blocking your every move, and they have the same authority as a court.

CPS is misnamed. It should be called rabid feminism incorporated.
Like I said, we had a kid involved, verbal agreement on child support and never heard a peep from the government.
But she’s a pretty cool woman and friend.
I wouldn’t advise it but my circumstances were different than most.