View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foonus View Post
The T3x definitely has a better "fit n finish" to but I am comparing it to savages rimfire with the gimped press in bolt and bmag magazines so..

Ive had 2 savages so far. One pencil barrel 17WSM I got used that couldn't hold any grouping despite using every available rebranded ammo for that chambering, was terrible. Stepped up to the bull barrel model with boyd stock and cant ask for more in terms of accuracy for the money. Interested in selling my CZ455 due to that 17 savage being so much better at over 250yards. From personal experience would suggest the heavy barrel with this company as they seem to be night and day in terms of performance and accuracy , but goes back to you looking for a light firearm.

An Aside here.. 17 WSM.. only savage has license to make them and sadly no other manufacturer can make them. On top of that same issues with the ammo as well since they are basically all using the same ammo and rebranding it. Federal Golden Eagle was by far the best in my testing,probably due to a good batch so I bought 2 cases of them. All others had noticeable flyers.

Results consistent with this guy:
"Last week tried some Winchester 20 grain loads... lot code indicates July 2015 production. First box, 3 ftfs, one case neck split, one total neck separation - blew the neck down the barrel with the bullet. Surprisingly, 3 groups for this box (50 yds) averaged about .5"

Great potential but Ammo is defiantly the downside of the 17WSM, with the licensing issues with this chambering and its ammo I'm not holding my breath. Would love to see a Tika or CZ shooting 17WSM
I've had two 110's in .270 and an Axis in 223, my wife currently uses a Savage Lady Hunter in .270. All of them shot sub MOA with very minimal amo experimenting. I know Savage must make some lemons, but I don't think that I personally know anyone who has a Savage that isn't surprisingly accurate.