View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Will weigh in here (literally).
Been running the Tika T3x CTR 20 inch heavy barrel with vortex PSTII 25x scope and, yes more weight, modified bipod with 11 inch extensions.

Its not a light gun, especially with the target scope and Bipod on the front. 10 RND clip.. well only load 3 if you that concerned about weight. lol

Not sure what the issue was, but then we all have different ideas of hunting. Personally in hilly or mountainous terrain I would gain elevation and hunker down for a long range shot. Others might simply walk the same terrain and feel any added weight a lot more.

I'm an older fella, 150LB lightweight. Walked full sections of land here this season several times with no issues with my CTR even with the scope and bipod, Long and short of it, isn't this what shoulder slings are designed for?

Its actually worse calling predators if you end up having to carry or wear your seat along with an E-caller, more than the weight you only have hands to carry so much. E-callers aren't legal here for anything else than predators/pests so you prolly wont be lugging one after a corvid.

As for Savage, I own a Bull barrel 17WSM (yes again heavy model) and had that same scope on it. No issues with 300 yard shots on gophers. Quite surprised with the accuracy of the firearm for that price point, I did glass bed it and its a bull barrel, accuracy is excellent. To me the "press in" bolt and the BMag magazines themselves to me are the only downside of this savage, and you would not have these issues in a larger non rimfire chambering.

Last edited by Foonus; 11-18-2019 at 03:48 PM.