View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
If Pierre has a plan, why wouldn't he release it is the question... Are these politicians not accountable to we the people, your children and their children's future ?

I disagree he would hurt his chances, if his ideas are our salvation, he will be rewarded for these. The carbon tax has been around since 2007 / 8, there better be a plan, what are the Conservatives waiting for ?
This is politics, not a poker game. Hope you realize the voters he needs to attract don't follow politics, they simply vote on feeling... So waiting to show your cards is foolish, if there is a plan let it out and lets discuss the
future and attract voters to solidify a majority
government.
So, what sounds better, April 1st gasoline will rise .03 or 23% increase ? Fear tactics are just that, I don't feel manipulating numbers is good business, but that's just my take on things.
Politics is a game, a complex game, where you are better off keeping your plan to yourself until the campaign begins. If you give your opposition over a year's notice of your plan, they have over a year to try and dream up a plan to discredit your plan. As for the 23%, are you claiming that the number isn't correct? The liberals would like people to think that three cents isn't significant, but an increase of 23% certainly is significant.