View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
This is a typical ranging /trajectory chart supplied by IOR for their scopes.
The only time I use it is at the range on set distance steel from 200 too 1,000.
When hunting I disregard it simply a set of rangefinder binoculars is faster and better, as was stated, you will be looking through them first anyway, then I turret to the distance I need and hold center if using a scope be it FFP or SFP.
I keep a dope chart taped to the stock, I find this way the easiest for me when using a long range rig, be it hunting or at the range.
Biggest problem with using a scope reticule as a range finder is that not all deer are built to the same standards. When we were down in the lower states we kept wondering where all the mature deer were? They all looked like yearlings to myself and the wife.
I know the deer to the North of Edmonton are larger then the deer down here in the south. So a range finder is a much better choice and if your rifles PBR is say 250 yards then if you feel the deer is still to far away try getting closer.
No shame in losing an animal if you try to get with in a more comfortable shooting range, wounding one however carries a life time of regret.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.