View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Raab at 400 yards I doubt if using your rangefinder will spook an animal any more than adjusting your parallax on a scope, nothing has spooked when I ranged it at that distance or further , or at 300 for that matter .
Cat
Yea but your up in the great north woods Cat. You dont have the paranoid skittish does we have down here.

You guys are also assuming that the deer will just stop and hang out a while. In my experience during the rut they dont stay in the open long. The biggest thing I'd like to know is if any of the long distance guys have used it before, and if it will be quicker then ranging if everything is memorized. Because right now I find that I dont always have enough time to range. Which leaves me guessing and I could shoot over or under the deer if they're in that 250-350 yard range.

If not I may look at setting up a 270 with a fixed 6 for MPBR.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill