View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreyer View Post
Depends on how far you wanna chase that rainbow.

Heres my two cents from experience:

FFP scopes are good for PRS matches or long range shooting. I say that because I've found FFP scopes (Nightforce ATACR line) very addicting in engaging multiple targets at various distance. You can use the method called 'Milling' the target. Where as knowing the height and width of the target you can use your reticle to determine how far the target is down to 5% margin of error.

For hunting close range, I would probably stick with SFP scopes. Simply because with the power moved all the way down, the reticle is too tiny to focus on the animal with FFP scopes.

I've had a friend use his Vortex Razor and is having problems already. I haven't had a problem with any of my ATACR's yet.

I also run an SHV on my coyote gun, and while it lacks the comforts of the NXS lines, it does the job wonderfully.
How do you find the eye relief on the SHV? That's my biggest concern with them.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill