View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 10:14 AM

Default Sounds like Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post
I have an Old timer, by uncle Henery. You know the one. It was sold at Canadian tire in the 80’s, has the useless touch up stone in its little keeper on the sheeth. Anyway I have had it on my hip for 30 years. It has some how taken a slight curve that perfectly lines up with my hip, its weird, maybe too many naps, or a couple slip and falls while hunting? It has a super hard blade that is difficult to sharpen but is wicked sharp when done right. I love it. My wife just got me a Benchmade bushcraft knive for my birthday. S30v steel, pretty, nice and sharp and by all accounts my last knife. That will be my new knife from now on. I thought i was ready to let go of my old timer untill I realized i had dropped it on one last hunt. When I got home and realized what had happened I went into full blown panic mode. It was really quite pathetic as it was just a knife, 20-30 bucks maybe. Well i drove the hour and a bit to where I parked and there it was in the snow. Picked it up and instantly all was right again. I’ll have my new knife on my hip this year and retire my old knife to my gun cabinet-maybe. Uugh, decisions. Stupid knife.
Tullfan
Sounds like Love! I have one like that to.