View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
Does anyone here personally have experience with a barrel or action that has been damaged by corrosive ammunition? every site or post that deals with the russian type surplus rifles brings it up (with varying arguments) but none that I have read actually post a picture or real life experience with the problem. There are millions of these rifles shooting this ammunition all over the world every day for years on end and they all seem to do what they were intended to do. Also, I doubt that some guy who carries and shoots his AK on a daily basis in Nigera has the products or inclination to clean his rifle the way that we might and I'll bet his rifle will be passed down to his son (or the his enemies son) when he is done with it.
I was thinking the same thing when I got mine. I even read a post about one rusting overnight. So, I checked mine daily after putting 30 rounds through it. After a week and a bit, no rust. Still though, I clean my gas tube and piston, oil it and then clean the barrel bore from the muzzle end (using a guide of course) and no problem. The bore on mine looks nicer than some people's hunting rifle. I purchased my ammo from the Shooting Edge, don't know if it's the cheapest, but when you're in the $180.00 price range for 1100 rounds, it's not an issue.