View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 08:37 PM

Default prevent the family???

seems to me some pretty selfish and short sighted logic here. If the old guard doesn't encourage the "family" then how does the Outdoor community expect to continue to have a voice when it comes to all things outdoors. We are loosing numbers, we are loose access to land, we are at best considered third in the list of priorities behind Conservation and Treaties. We are already the only user group that pays to use the resource and the only user group that is policed. If someone's wife 999s a draw, that means she isn't in that year's draw so she isn't taking any opportunity away from the current draw year. If she only hunts one species once every third year why should that household be charged for a WC for a person that has stated they are not going to hunt that year?

As far as the Antis hijacking the draw system? Well why do we allow these groups to declare charitable status and thus use tax free donations to push political agendas?

I don't understand why instead of fixing an issue we decide to penalize legitimate Outdoors people? Just because someone doesn't hunt every species, nor hunts every year doesn't mean they are expendable. We need to stop shooting one another and fix the real issues. Amazing that the only thing we can ever consider is to make things more difficult for the fringe members of our own group. I have an idea why not make it that you can't enter draws until minimum age 20, and have to forfeit draws after 65, and can only enter parkland draws if your handicap in someway (after all how would a handicap person access the Mountains??) I'm being extreme of course. Point is we need to start encouraging those on the fringe if we don't we will continue to loose hunting opportunities. Us die hards are nothing but a cash cow to the bureaucrats. We need more numbers to really matter.