View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 04:27 PM

The big things about it with me is this.

Number 1... How many animals are killed each year for "subsistence"? If we don't know the real number, how do we allocate the proper number of tags in the respective WMU's?

Number 2... Why in this day and age are we all not Canadian? I get it, they got a raw deal for a long time. I feel that one of the easiest ways to eliminate this type of division is to get rid of it. No one race, religion or color in this great Country should be treated better, differently or whatever than any other.

All of this stuff just keeps the rift open between the cultures. I think the natives should be proud of what they are/were in the past. But that is in the past. We live in a different time now.

The laws allowing these harvests were put into place a very long time ago to aid people without money or access to towns and grocery stores. They could step out into the back 40 and smack a deer to feed the family. Again, it's a different time. Stores and butcher shops are readily available now and the cost of going hunting is actually detrimental to the very theme of sustenance. Gas, rifles, ammo, hotel, truck.... This wasn't what was intended. It was intended to make sure that the peoples had access to protein. Not to shoot the animal with the biggest set of head gear.

The Elk are being slaughtered. They want them gone from the base so I kinda get why the are allowing it. But again, why is it good for the goose but not the gander? There should be no preferential treatment given to anyone.